I already had the watering cans ( BTW: I never pass up galvanized water cans) then it dawned on me to make this fabulous inexpensive water feature. ....not to mention, it's fairly easy to put together...AND CHEAP....I'll say it again, CHEAP...
A few things you'll need to get started:
- 2-3 Galvanized Watering Cans.
- Large Galvanized Tub or a 1/2 Barrel.
- Small Water Pump
- Water tubing ( suggest 6-8 feet @ 75 cent a ft.)
- Hanging Brackets ( anything that can get the job done)
- Power Drilll and Drill Bit
Next, determine how high you'd like your 1st water jug. I placed mine approx. 5 ft. high. I found it best if you place the two water jugs about 2 feet a part. Once you've made your placement, you'll need to drill a hole in each water jug handle. This is a must, otherwise the jug could potently move, causing you to lose water and burn up your pump.
Now you'll need to set your pole with concrete. I set mine at an angle so the water jug would be hanging at a sight angle.