A piece of Americana~

"The ALL American Flag"

We have  had 100's of Tobacco stick in our old barn...I kept thinking; "there must be something I can think to use em' for".....Then it came to me....I knew just what to do with em', I'd make .."An All American Flag"  
We'd been needing something to hang over our garage door...
After giving it some thought....why,.. it doesn't get more american than this.....
My fiance's grandfather was a farmer and grew acres and acres of tobacco is the 40's, 50's, 60's, & 70's.....Tobacco isn't grown much these days as it was several years ago..In years past the south was covered with tobacco fields....I personally have never grown tobacco, but I've heard many stories of the long hours and little pay...If this flag could speak, I bet it'd say there was a lot of sweat endured on these hand carved sticks. Triva: Did you know there's not a single company/factory in the USA that makes American Flags...sad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of encouragement are always welcome...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...