Water Jug Water Feature Tutorial

Galvanized Water Jug Tutorial
OK, so I've been tossing around this idea of making a small water feature to display outside of my back porch...I wanted something simple, something I didn't have to sink a ton of money in....if you're like me, I have enough of those projects going as it is.
Then...Perfect timing, I found a small water pump at a yard sale this past Friday. Get this... for only a big $1 ~Score~
I already had the watering cans ( BTW: I never pass up galvanized water cans) then it dawned on me to make this  fabulous inexpensive water feature. ....not to mention, it's fairly easy to put together...AND CHEAP....I'll say it again, CHEAP...

A few things you'll need to get started:
  1. 2-3 Galvanized Watering Cans.
  2. Large Galvanized Tub or a 1/2 Barrel.
  3. Small Water Pump
  4. Water tubing ( suggest 6-8 feet @ 75 cent a ft.)
  5. Hanging Brackets ( anything that can get the job done)
  6. Power Drilll and Drill Bit
 Getting started you'll want to find an area in your yard such as a fence or building to use as the support back drop. A landscaped area makes for a better surrounding. 1st thing; You'll want to place your large galvanized tub out far enough to catch the water flowing from the bottom water can. I suggest about 2 1/2 feet away from the fence or building. (don't worry about perfect placement at this time, you can adjust it later.)
Next, determine how high you'd like your 1st water jug. I placed mine approx. 5 ft. high. I found it best if you place the two water jugs about 2 feet a part. Once you've made your placement, you'll need to drill a hole in each water jug handle. This is a must, otherwise the jug could potently move, causing you to lose water and burn up your pump.

I attached the top bracket hanger to my fence and hung the jug.  I personally like to step back to see if this will suit  me...sometimes it's helps to step back  and imagine the finish project.  
Now you'll need to drill another, slightly larger hole in the back of your top watering can. (the exact hole placement doesn't matter because you'll run the water tubing through the hole and then through the watering spout.) By drilling a hole in the back of the watering can hides the tubing. The objectives to make this water feature look as though it's pouring water with no tubes attached.

these picture show the water tubing runs through the watering can and then through the spout. 
Now you'll need to set your pole with concrete. I set mine at an angle so the water jug would be hanging at a sight angle.

The only thing left is the most tricky- adding your last watering can. You'll need to turn on the pump to see where the water flows. This will give you the exact placement to where you need to install the watering can. It also lets you know where to install the other hanging bracket. I marked the pole so I knew where to install the bracket and I also marked the water jug handle so I knew where to drill my last hole.

This little water feature has so much potential....
I Hope you enjoyed ...Bookmark this page, more tutorials coming soon.

50 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing recycled items reborn in creative projects. I've always said that anybody with Money can do something neat. But it takes a Special kind of person to do it on a shoestring budget! This is really cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I have been searching for - idea wise. I have buckets, not watering cans, but the concept will work - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you tell me what size pump you used? And can you explain how to hook up the pump?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say this is a really creative water feature. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! https://maybomhangphu.com/may-bom-nuoc-pentax/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. Best water dispenser to buy in India

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! water well air tank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent article. I'll be forwarding this page to a few other people. And you want information about Used Water pump then visit now our website : https://www.apsaequipments.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. I highly recommend this model for hobbyists and beginner jewellers, beginner glass engravers, those wishing to carve stone, drill holes in beach pebbles, sea glass, beach pottery, broken china, wood carvers....the list is endless. Great for DIY bits around the home and general craft work. family handy man oscillating tool oscillating tools work 10 facts diamond drill bits

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m a newbie and have decided I love this whole YouTube thing from YouTube videos I’ve 2 4x8 raised bed planters with what looks to be food growing if you knew me you’d understand now I think my veggies need some decorations I’ve most all that stuff tucked away someplace urg. I like cheep. Thank you for thinking of this and sharing your ideas I’m handy and motivated but with out good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Fountain DesignSCNJ Art Fountain Factory is a professional brand fountain design company in China, mainly involving fountain design, fountain manufacturer, fountain installation, fountain maintenance and other fountain business. We provide services worldwide. China Cooperation Hotline: + 86-18616679705.



    Please Visit at: https://www.thefountainshow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Top Boy Jamie Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article.
    RDR2 Pearson Scout Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say this is a really creative water feature. Thanks for sharing. Buy YouTube Views Cheapest

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found so much interesting stuff in your blog, particularly its discussion, from the tons of comments on your articles. buy Instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. buy Instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you have mentioned some very interesting points , thankyou for the post. buy YouTube Views

    ReplyDelete
  20. waterlink limited borehole drilling in kenya

    ReplyDelete
  21. designer water features

    Chen wa Landscape is a full-service, integrated Landscape Contractor. We home landscape design, install and maintain innovative, sustainable green spaces to bring serenity and comfort to your open spaces. Talk to us - 6565 8622 / 6316 3507

    to get more - https://chenwa.com.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rainwater pump and tank maintenance are carried out regularly, problems can arise. Read our latest blog to learn all about Rainwater Tank Pump maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  23. designer water features<a href="https://chenwa.com.sg/products-services/:/https://chenwa.com.sg/products-services/</a

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing such a informative blog with us thank you. Edge of Seventeen Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there

    Very nice content and blog, I found it very informative and useful, hope to read more nice articles like this one around here,

    Keep sharing the best content,

    Best regards!

    Your follower

    Salvatore from:

    Compra de Ingresso on-line – Os ingressos para visitar o Patrimônio Mundial Natural e uma das 7 Maravilhas da Natureza, que abriga as Cataratas do Iguaçu, são limitados e vendidos exclusivamente on-line, com agendamento de dia e horário para o passeio. É importante lembrar que não existe a opção de compra de bilhete físico no parque. É necessário adquirir o ingresso de entrada no Parque Nacional do Iguaçu com antecedência em sites autorizados.6

    Thanks and take care

    ReplyDelete
  26. https://rpdwatercare.blogspot.com/2021/02/water-care-in-jaipur.html?showComment=1644386486861#c4467831279694299855

    ReplyDelete
  27. The only thing I see that is wrong is that you don't tell how everything hooks together to make the water recycle all the time. I need this information, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. In case you have a genuine region, highlighting it on your site is huge. This ought to be conceivable through various procedures, for instance, adding your area and phone number to your site, and recollecting headings for your site. Check for more Wpgio

    ReplyDelete
  29. It s a very useful page. Thank you. 06d266bd1b3edfc10eb437dda75ca015
    unye
    feke
    bergama
    kepez
    sandikli
    havza
    salipazari
    adakli
    arapgir

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. dead0b4ed0505fb0b24086fae01cab76
    website kurma
    numara onay
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. ef432cb81dbd06a9b83e1ac81b039b3b
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm making this got on watering can decided to use colored ones. What size water pump do I need?

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW ust what I wаs searching fߋr. Сame hеге by searchong for trending news
    Haѵе a loߋk at myy파주출장샵 web site; bocoran slot admin jarwo

    ReplyDelete
  34. For navigating the varied social media landscape in the nation, the smm panel pakistan provides customized tactics. Effective engagement and visibility are facilitated by specialized offerings tailored to the unique needs of the local audience.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These panels typically provide a range of services, including scheduling posts, analyzing performance metrics, and engaging with followers across various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. By leveraging a free SMM panel, users can streamline their social media management processes, optimize content strategies, and ultimately increase their online visibility and engagement.

    ReplyDelete

Words of encouragement are always welcome...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...